Sunday, 10 January 2016

The Memory Jar 2015


I'm a bit of a hoarder. My bookshelves are overspilling, some of my clothes date back to when I was in Year 11 and I have scrapbooks full of paper that I can't bear to throw away. So last year, in another stunning act of hoarding, I started a Memory Jar. 




The concept is simple really; write down good memories, stuff them in and then take them out at the end of the year. 


2015 ended up as a difficult, painful mess, and come January 3rd 2016, I was happy to see the back of it. But rules is rules, so I unlocked the jar and took a look. In the hell of the last 12 months, there were beautiful glittery moments that I had forgotten about in the haze of changed Christmases and frazzled New Years. 

Here are a few of them, in the haphazard order that I read them in. And let me tell you, each of these pieces of paper are filled with such joy. 











And yes, I've already started my 2016 jar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment